The STAUB cocotte/Dutch oven is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meat and vegetables to tender perfection and for simmering hearty stews and soups. Cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retention qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. With a heavyweight, tight-fitting lid that locks in moisture and tiny bumps on the lid interior that create a rainforest effect, evenly returning juices back onto the food, you can expect flavorful, perfectly cooked food every time you use this pot.
Rooted in French culinary heritage, STAUB cookware is beloved by professional and home chefs for its exquisite craftsmanship, exceptional performance, and timeless beauty. Each STAUB cocotte effortlessly and elegantly transitions from the oven to the table - you can cook and serve in the same dish. Built to last a lifetime, these heirloom pieces are designed to be passed from generation to generation.
- 5.5-quart capacity for soups, stews, and braises. 1 quart = 1 serving size, so this is the ideal pot to prep dinner for 4 to 6 people
- The textured black matte enamel interior requires no seasoning and ensures exceptional browning, heat retention, and distribution.
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including induction.
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture; bumps on the lid create a rainforest effect, evenly returning juices back onto food.
- Oven safe to 500°F
- Transfers beautifully from oven to table
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Made in France